Tuesday, October 27, 2009

McKenzie Spots a Trend! - Where the Wild Things Are Tattoos


So I'm sitting here in my room while one of my suitemates, Kelsey, works on her Halloween costume. I bet you can't guess what it is... Actually, I bet you can.

She's being Max from
Where The Wild Things Are. Now, I loved this book when I was a child. I still do. But with the release of the movie, it seems to me that the whole world has gone Wild Things crazy to the point where they are getting it tattooed on themselves permanently.

To be completely honest, before the movie came out and when I was contemplating what I wanted for my first tattoo, I thought of something
Wild Things related. Then I came to my senses.

While blog surfing, I came across a tattoo blog on Tumblr and saw that of their most recent posts, most of them had
Wild Things tattoos. How big has this trend become you say?

There is a whole SECTION at bmezine.com dedicated to
Wild Things (Click Here) Granted, many of them date back to 2002, but it seems as though the whole section of these tattoos was organized out of hype for the movie.
tattoo.

It is totally fine with me if you want to get a tattoo, but shouldn't it be something meaningful? It seems to me like people are getting these tattoos solely due to the movie's recent release. They probably want to look "deep" and like the book describes their experience as a child. I doubt 1,000's of people making this realization at the same time makes them "unique".

(Image Credit: p22earl via Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment